We can proudly say that we have welcomed generations of the same families through our doors over the years and regard our clients as friends, not just customers. This also means that we never take for granted the fact that you choose us to care for your pets.
We aim to provide a friendly, approachable and professional service to our clients with the highest standards of veterinary care.
Consultations are by appointment Monday to Saturday.
It is understandable as a pet owner you want the best care possible for your pet and continuity of treatment, therefore we would encourage you ask to see the vet of your choice and wherever possible we will accommodate your request.
We offer a comprehensive small animal service covering all aspects of medicine, surgery and health care for all your pets.
To prove that we provide the highest standards of care to our clients, we are accredited by the Practice Standards Scheme set out by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) at both practices. At Hackenthorpe we have achieved Small Animal General Practice accreditation, whilst our Rotherham practice is accredited as Core Standards.
For more complicated cases, we can also offer a ‘specialist referral’ to the appropriate practitioner for the most up-to-date treatment options.
Our well-equipped surgeries offer:
- Fully equipped operating theatres.
- Dental facilities, with modern drive dental equipment.
- Radiography room (X-rays) with modern computerised image processing.
- X-rays for hip and elbow scoring for BVA and Kennel Club schemes.
- Ultrasonography for pregnancy scanning, etc.
- In-house blood testing for same-day biochemistry and haematology (where appropriate).
- Daily collections of samples, forwarded to a local private laboratory service for more in-depth analysis of blood and tissue samples with next day results.
- Daily drug deliveries.
- Separate dog and cat wards to reduce anxiety levels for our patients.
- Local DEFRA approved veterinary surgeons qualified to deal with exports and pet passports.
- Separate cat waiting area for clients at our Hackenthorpe surgery.